I am always on the look out for quick and inexpensive ways to help me look and feel my best each day. So today, I thought I would share with you my 6 minute look (yes I clocked it!) to getting out the door... or in my case, to the garage. All of the things that I list out below are found in the cosmetics area at Walmart or, I have provided links to Amazon for the exact thing that I use.
Phase 1: FACE IT
- Wash your face: I use Clean & Clear Morning Burst Skin Brightening Facial Scrub, 5 Oz. I like the way it smells. You wouldn't think that would be a selling point for a face wash, but for me it totally is!
- Prime your face: I use E.l.f. Poreless Primer, 0.47 Fluid Ounce. I really like how smooth it is! With some primers I end up feeling oily and then I don;t end up using it regularly. This one is nice and light.
- Apply Foundation: I use COVERGIRL Simply Powder Foundation Classic Ivory Warm 510, .41 oz. I like a smoother matte look on my face. I live in the south and I associate the "dewy" look with sweat. Any other southerners feel that way?
- Conceal Trouble Spots: I like e.l.f. Concealer, Ivory, 0.11 Ounce, I like this color a lot. I find with concealers sometimes that I end up looking like I have dark spots on my face if I am not very careful. This one is soft enough not to make it look like a bad contouring job.
- Rosy Bloom: I use COVERGIRL Clean Glow Lightweight Powder Blush Roses 100, .42 oz high on my cheekbones. I don't do contouring because, honestly what mom has time to do that every day? Maybe if I get a chance I will do another post with my "dramatic" look where I contour, but for now, this is it.
- Colorful Eyes: I use COVERGIRL Eye Enhancers 4-Kit Eye Shadow Urban Basics, .19 oz almost every day. If I am going to a special event or if I want something more dramatic I will use COVERGIRL Eye Shadow Quads Stunning Smokeys 715, .06 oz, but I really only use it for military balls, and maybe a special date night. I like color on my eyes so I tend to play around with different eye shadows often. What do you like to use?
- Line Up: I like to use CoverGirl Perfect Point Eye Liner Mechanical Pencil, Chestnut (w) 212, 0.008-Ounce for my eyeliner. I don't use a traditional pencil because I hate shavings from sharpening them, plus a sharpener with a 2 year old is NEVER A GOOD IDEA. I use brown unless I am using the smokey eye pallet above and then I will use black.
- Big Lashes: As I mentioned earlier, I am from the south and we LOVE big eyelashes! I use COVERGIRL LashBlast Waterproof Mascara Black Brown 835, .44 oz and I love it. If I am going to use the black eyeliner, I use this same mascara, but in black.
- Lovely Lips: I use CoverGirl Outlast All Day Two Step Lipcolor, Nude 593, 0.13 Ounce on my lips and I love it. I don't have to constantly reapply it (again, I'm southern, we do that!) and that is a big selling point for me.
- Set It Up: I use a setting spray since I live in North Carolina and it is hot and humid here. I like e.l.f. Makeup Mist and Set, Clear, 2.02 Ounce because it doesn't have an obvious odor to it. I can't stand smelling my own makeup all day.
- Luscious Locks: The last thing that I do is try to tame my crazy hair. You can check out my Pinterest board for hair ideas, but the thing that I use most often are Lila Rose Flexi Clips. I don't sell them myself, but I have a lot of them. They hold my very thick and heavy hair up without giving me a headache like when I wear my hair in a ponytail. Just for reference, i wear the small size for a half up look and the 2XL for an updo.
That is my entire 6 minute look. If my husband is already gone for the morning I usually give my boys a basket of trucks to play with on the floor right outside the bathroom door and knock this out while listening to praise and worship music or a Focus on the Family podcast. If my husband is home we tag team it, he plays with the boys while I get ready and vice versa.
What are your tips and tricks for getting ready for the day?
I'd love to hear all about your routines, hacks, and favorites!
(Just so you know, the links are part of the Amazon affiliate program, if you purchase any of these things from my links I will receive a small commission off of your purchase.)