Monday, November 23, 2015

Title Tuesday: My New Bible Set Up

Welcome to  Title Tuesday, my favorite day of the week! This day is dedicated to book suggestions and reviews. I write this portion of my blog because I am a big believer in the motivational speaker Charlie Jones' quote which says, "You will be the same person in five years as you are today except for the people you meet and the books you read.” I try to meet as many new people as possible and to read everything I can. This is my way of sharing that information with you. If you are interested in understanding my rating system for books you can read my Book Review Explanation here and What I Believe here. 

I recently had to get a new Bible and I have to say, that is NOT easy to do! You get so used to your Bible that the pages almost fall open to what you need at just the right moment. I use the same Bible for my quiet time, Bible study and Scripture memory. 


In case you aren't familiar with it, having a quiet time is crucial for your development as a Christian. You can find lots of ideas on how to go about starting a Bible study and the different ways of studying the Bible on my Pinterest page


Anyways, after my son ripped out a good part of Psalms and Isaiah, I decided it was time for a new Bible. It is really hard to get in depth during your study with chunks of the Old Testament falling out. So, for today, we will be examining what type of Bible I use for my quiet time and the tabs that I use for easy reference. 


I bought the New King James Version Large Print Personal Size Reference Bible in purple leather. I really like the New King James Version of the Bible. It is what I memorize all of my verses in as well as what I use for my Bible studies and quiet time. I love the history of it. You can learn about how the NKJV of the Bible came in to existence hereI got the Majestic Bible Tabs in lavender to help me easily navigate this new Bible, a girlfriend of mine has them and she highly recommended them.

Moving on! I like the larger print because I don't like to wear my glasses during quiet time and I got the purple... just because. 

All in all, I have to say I am really enjoying this new Bible and I would strongly suggest this Bible and tabs to anyone that may be looking for a new quiet time set up! 


So tell me, how do you have your Bible set up? What translations do you use and why? 

I'd love to hear all about it in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan