Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Photo Story of Our New Garden

So today I want to share with you our newest family project. As many of you know my husband and I run a functional fitness (similar to Crossfit) gym out of our home. I will write more on that later, but today I want to tell y'all about our new love of gardening. 

My husband has wanted a garden for a VERY long time. Being military means that gardening can be particularly challenging, especially since we are renting and we live in the center of Fayetteville. So, we decided to do raised bed gardening instead. I'm going to share the pictures with you of what we did. 

We started with a trip to Lowes to get materials. William was SUPER helpful. 

Here are all of our supplies:

The start of the first planter:

The planter next to our pull-up bar, yes it is VERY tall. 

Making the grid for square foot gardening

Filling in the potting soil that we made ourselves:

William helped Brian plant all the transplants and seeds that we bought. 

Brian wearing William as he watered the baby plants. 

Here are the plants growing away!

So that is the photo story of our raised bed square foot garden. I will update y'all with pictures as it grows! 

Do you garden? Share any advice in the comments below!

6 comments:

  1. This is a pretty cool idea for a garden! Thanks for sharing, Love! Happy to be your neighbor at Wednesday's Prayer Girls! Infinite blessings to you and your family! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful way to garden - easy on the back AND it will keep the woodchucks away! Loved seeing these photos this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for a garden, thank you for sharing and joining us at Oh My Heartsie Girl Wordless Wednesday Link Party. Have a great day, co-host Evija @Fromevijawithlove

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool project! Thanks for joining us on Oh My Heartsie Girl Wordless Wednesday!

    Shellie
    www.thefabjourney.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project! I like that they are so high, no bending or sitting on the ground required. Thanks for linking up @ WW over at Oh My Heartsie Girl.
    Sarah-Ann @ Living Intentionally Simple

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project! Love how these are high not low to the ground, no bending or sitting required.
    Sarah-Ann @ Living Intentionally Simple

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan