Sunday, February 1, 2015

Military Monday: PWOC

Welcome to another Military Monday
Upon marrying a military man I learned that there is a LOT to know about life as a military spouse. Mondays are my day to talk about the things I am learning, the new language, military news and current events. Sometimes I post encouraging videos, stories, and cartoons as well.
Today I want to share with you about a special organization that is near and dear to my heart. The Protestant Women of the Chapel or PWOC is an incredible ministry available on many military installations. This group of women looks different at each post, but their overarching goals are the same. PWOC goals are to :


  • to LEAD women to accept Christ as personal Savior and Lord;
  • to TEACH women the history, beliefs, and programs of the church, all built on a solid foundation of worship and Bible study;
  • to DEVELOP in women the skills of prayer, evangelism, stewardship, and social service, against a background of personal spiritual development;
  • to INVOLVE women in the work of the Chapel, in keeping with their abilities and interests.
Displaying image.jpegLet me tell you, PWOC is a life saver for any new Army wife. When B and I PCSed (you can find a link to the acronyms here) to Fort Bragg, North Carolina from Fort Hood, Texas I was pretty homesick. I missed my sister, my in-laws, and my friends a great deal. When I got here I contacted the PWOC at Fort Bragg and they welcomed me in with open arms. When my husband was sent to Airborne school (while I was six months pregnant) these ladies came around me and helped me unpack and get adjusted. They even threw me a baby shower, after knowing my for only a few weeks! 

PWOC is always on Tuesday mornings, but each post looks different but they all focus on the four goals I listed above. At Fort Bragg we have a time of worship, a time of corporate teaching and a time of fellowship before we break off in to our individual classes. We also offer classes at other times during the week. While different classes may be offered, PWOC puts out a theme for each year and this year our overarching theme is Reflecting the Love of Christ. The ladies at PWOC help me to see how exactly I can reflect the love of Christ to my husband, my son, and the people around me. 

The fellowship, encouragement, and support that I receive from these women on a daily basis helps to further my walk with Christ. I am so grateful for this ministry and I want to encourage anyone looking ot get involved on post to check out PWOC!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan