Sunday, October 5, 2014

Military Monday: Military Families Take Care

Welcome to another Military Monday Upon marrying a military man I learned that there is a LOT to know about life as a military spouse. Mondays are my day to talk about the things I am learning, the new language, military news and current events. Sometimes I post encouraging videos, stories, and cartoons as well. 

Normally, I try to only post positive things on Military Monday. Today, I wanted to share some information with you. The Army Threat Integration Center (which issues warnings of criminal/terrorist threats to Army posts) has warned U.S. military personnel and family to be cautious about posting personal information on social media and other locations. This is because the Islamic State militants have called on supporters to search through information and to "show up [at their homes] and slaughter them". You can read the full article here: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/10/02/army-warns-us-military-personnel-on-isis-threat-to-family-members/

So as a precaution, please be careful about what you post and where you post it. I know that to many people this may seem crazy and far fetched, but it is better to be safe than to be sorry. I also want to remind everyone to be in prayer for our nation and our world as this situation continues, just because it isn't in the news today doesn't mean we should let down our guard. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan