Friday, September 26, 2014

Modest Maternity: The Rainbow Maxi Skirt

Good Morning! Welcome to another Modest Maternity!

You can read more about my reasons for wanting to write about how to have a modest (yet stylish!) maternity wardrobe here. As I mentioned previously, the goal of Modest Maternity is to feature one item of clothing each week. I will show you four ways to style the featured piece of the week. I will try my best to tell you where it came from (including a link if possible!) as well as how much I paid for it.


The article of clothing that I will be featuring this week is my rainbow skirt! This skirt is an ankle length, multicolored, semi-shiny skirt. I bought this at the thrift store for $1.00 and it has been a great investment. I like it because it has SO many colors and it can be worn with practically anything.  With that being said, lets begin!  

Rainbow skirt: $1.00 from thrift store
Shirt: Faded Glory purchased from a thrift store for $1.00
Scarf: Git from my wonderful husband B when we were dating. (One of my favorites!)

Rainbow skirt: $1.00 from thrift store
Shirt: Wet Seal purchased from a thrift store for $1.00
Scarf: Walmart clearance section $2.00

Rainbow skirt: $1.00 from thrift store
Shirt: No brand listed, purchased from a thrift store for $2.00
Necklace: Git from a student my first year of teaching

Rainbow skirt: $1.00 from thrift store
Shirt: Candies purchased from a thrift store for $3.00
Necklace: Thrift store $0.50


So these were my outfit ideas for this week's Modest Maternity series. I hope that you enjoyed it. 
You can see more of my Modest Maternity outfit ideas here. 

 I will be posting more of these outfit examples often to my blog.
It won't be on a regularly scheduled day, so be sure to check back often!

What did you wear this week?

Are you looking to link up? If so, you should check out all the places I link up. 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful outfits absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look like great ways to do maternity clothes without spending all the money. I'm not as comfortable in skirts though so I had to pick up a couple pairs of true maternity pants. I really should give a maxi skirt a try.

    Julie @ velvet-rose.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty find! Good for you getting the maternity clothes for cheap and modest. It seems like so maternity things are low cut... ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just darling and you are looking darling in your pregnancy too! :) Thank you for sharing at the Art of Home-Making Mondays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan