Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Book Review Explanation

I have been reviewing books for over two years. I greatly enjoy reading and I LOVE being able to share good books with my friends, family, and readers. I have had some questions recently about how I rate books so I thought I would explain my review rubric. The rubric is the same for both fiction and nonfiction. 


  • In order to receive an A+ review, the book must be well written, engaging, and most of all Christ honoring. This rating means that I highly suggest that you read this book, like tomorrow.
  • A B+ review will still be Christ honoring first and foremost but it may lack the pull of an A+ book, or it may not be as well written. This rating means that if the book is available to read, you should check it out.
  • A C- review is given mainly to books that are not Christ honoring. I have yet to have had a book come through that was Christ honoring, but had such a poor story line or such bad editing that I gave it this rating. 

So how do I decide if a book is Christ honoring? 

The answer is very simple. I base my reviews off of Philippians 4:8 which says, “Finally, brothers, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” 

I will not make apologies or excuses for my reviews. I stand firmly on my convictions and I will not give a positive review to a book that in my opinion does not meet my standards of Christ honoring literature. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan