Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Title Tuesday: The 500 Hats of the Modern-Day Woman

Today is Thursday, but we are going to treat it like a  Title Tuesday, my favorite day of the week. This day is dedicated to book suggestions and reviews. I write this portion of my blog because I am a big believer in the motivational speaker Charlie Jones' quote which says, "You will be the same person in five years as you are today except for the people you meet and the books you read.” With that being said, let us jump in and get started.

Today I will be reviewing The 500 Hats of a Modern-Day Woman by Joyce k. Ellis. This 231 page book tackles a collection of issues. Ellis discusses the roles of women as Christians, wives, mothers, and more. Without giving too much away, I can say that she does a good job of covering many angles. I read the entire book but there are definitely chapters that will apply more to some than to others. Ellis’ colorful writing style and humorous anecdotes help to make potentially awkward and serious issues more palatable. The 500 Hats of a Modern-Day Woman is a guiding light for women looking to figure out the complex life of a modern-day woman.  

All in all I rate this book an A+. I would recommend this book to new mothers, empty-nesters, and the soon-to-be-wed. This book is written as a standard book with questions for discussion at the end of each chapter. So I would say that this book is really best suited for group studies.


I received this book free from the publisher through the Tyndale Blogger Pro. 
I was not required to write a positive review. 
The opinions I have expressed are my own. 
I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan