Thursday, March 6, 2014

Christian Female Role Model of the Day: Elisabeth Elliot

Welcome to my celebration of Women's History Month! You can read more about this month and why I am writing about admirable Christian women here. For now, let's jump in!

The Forgiven Former Feminist's Female Christian Role Model of the Day is... Elisabeth Elliot! 


Elisabeth Elliot is one of my absolute favorite authors! Elliot was married to Jim Elliot, a missionary killed in 1956, while serving our Lord in Ecuador. Instead of sinking in to a depression or hating God, Elliot turned to God. She used the things that she learned as a wife, a mother, a widow, and a missionary to spread God's love to millions of people. She did this through writing and speaking across the world. 

So why did Elisabeth Elliot make it on to my list? Her book, Let me be a Woman was the very first Christian book I ever read. It spoke to my heart in a way that many others have never quite been able to do. Elisabeth Elliot is un-apologetically female, and revels in the way that God made her. I hope to one day be as confident in my purpose as she is. 

“The fact that I am a woman does not make me a different kind of Christian, but the fact that I am a Christian makes me a different kind of woman.” --- Elisabeth Elliot


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan