Saturday, March 29, 2014

Christian Female Role Model of the Day: Candace Cameron Bure

Welcome to my celebration of Women's History Month! You can read more about this month and why I am writing about admirable Christian women here. For now, let's jump in!

The Forgiven Former Feminist's Female Christian Role Model of the Day is... Candace Cameron Bure!

Candace Cameron Bure is an actress that most of us grew up with in the 1990s. She was D.J. Tanner in the comedy Full House. (Do you remember her GORGEOUS hair?!?!) Since being a child star, Bure has acted in several other television shows and movies. Bure is also an inspirational speaker, and advocate, and a national bestselling author. (I am dying to my hands on a copy of her book to review for my Title Tuesdays.)  She is currently on the show Dancing with the Stars. 

So why is Candace Cameron Bure on my list? Aside from selecting modest costumes, what makes Bure awesome is the fact that she is an outspoken Christian. Bure works in a setting that prizes frivolity, sex, and scandal. Bure has made it clear that she is not interested in being like the world, but rather she is here to show the glorification of Christ. She is a role model to millions of Christian women and girls. I must say she is a breath of fresh air in a world of entertainment crowded with scum. I know that she has faced a lot of backlash after her book came out and she mentioned being submissive to her husband. I hope that she stays strong and continues the fight for moral purity. You go girl!
Here are the rest of my Female Christian Role Models:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan