Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Christian Female Role Model of the Day: Laura Bush

Welcome to my celebration of Women's History Month! You can read more about this month and why I am writing about admirable Christian women here. For now, let's jump in!


The Forgiven Former Feminist's Female Christian Role Model of the Day is...  Laura Bush!

Mrs. Laura Bush is probably my favorite First Lady, and that is really saying something seeing as how I have several First Ladies that I really admire. I first fell in love with Mrs. Bush when I was at Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas.  President George Bush Memorial Library is dedicated to President George H. W. Bush, Laura Bush's father-in-law. While I was there I stumbled across her biography From the Heart, which by the way I highly recommend. Mrs. Bush is highly focused on health, education, and literacy. I can remember as a child a poster of Mrs. Bush in our local (one room) library encouraging Texas children to read. I think I feel a special kinship with Mrs. Bush because she was an education major and a teacher. The fact that she has her masters degree in Library Science just makes her that much more dear to my heart. 

So why is Mrs. Laura Bush on my list? Mrs. Bush is (in my opinion) the epitome of what a First Lady should be. Mrs. Bush raised her family, supported her  husband, and took a stand for important issues. Mrs. Bush is always dressed modestly and in classic outfits rather than being trendy or flashy. She continues to stand with her husband, even during the tenuous years of Bush's presidency. Mrs. Bush is very outspoken about her faith both is public and in her book. Mrs. Bush seems like the kind of lady you would sit down and have a hot cup of tea with while you discuss your quiet time with God from the last week. I believe that she is a wonderful role model for young women across the globe.    


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan