Friday, February 28, 2014

Christian Female Role Model of the Day: Kylie Bisutti

Welcome to the first day of  my celebration of Women's History Month! You can read more about this month and why I am writing about admirable Christian women here. Let's jump in!

The Forgiven Former Feminist's Female Christian Role Model of the Day is... Kylie Bisutti!

If you google Kylie Bisutti, you will find a bunch of pictures of a Victoria's Secret model. This will raise the question of why did she make my list of female Christian role model? Well let me tell you, this young lady is remarkable. After winning a national competition in 2009, Bisutti became a Victoria's Secret model. She lived the lifestyle that came with the title, including the skimpy bathing suits and lingerie. However in 2012, Bisutti announced to the world that she was done with the immodest clothing and that she was retiring from being an "Angel". When asked why she was giving up such an incredible job Bisutti replied, "I don't want to be known as a sex symbol or lingerie model. I desire to be known as a woman who fears the Lord." Bisutti now uses her platform to minister to women. On her webpage I'M NO ANGEL she describes herself as, "...former Victoria's Secret Model turned role model by the grace of God. My life used to revolve around fame, fortune and my selfish heart. It now revolves around helping others and glorifying the amazing love who changed my heart: Jesus." She has a God inspired Christian clothing line that features modest clothing with a Christian message.

So why did I include Bisutti in my list? I LOVE that she has been open about her desire to be a godly wife and mother. I wish that more women today would focus on that rather than being "hot" or "cool". She had the glitz and glamour and she recognized that Christ is bigger than all of that. She traded in her "angel wings" in exchange for a crown in heaven. As a sister in Christ I am so proud of her and I applaud her choice to glorify God rather than man. Her book I'm No Angel came out fall of 2013. I am now dying to get a copy and I will post a review as soon as possible.

You can watch Kylie Bisutti's awesome interview with Glen Beck here.

Here are the rest of my Female Christian Role Models:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan