Monday, February 24, 2014

Title Tuesday: My Time With Grandma

Welcome to Title Tuesday, my favorite day of the week! This day is dedicated to book suggestions and reviews. I write this portion of my blog because I am a big believer in the motivational speaker Charlie Jones' quote which says, "You will be the same person in five years as you are today except for the people you meet and the books you read.” With that being said, let us jump in and get started.

Today I am reviewing a special book, My Time with Grandma Bible Storybook written by Phil A. Simouse and illustrated by Ela Jarzabek. Let me begin by saying that this book is beautiful. I absolutely loved the illustrations. They convey the message of the story without making it overwhelming, even for some serious stories (Lazarus, The Fiery Furnace). I thought the book was well written in that it explained where the story came from in the Bible and then paraphrased it in a way that children could easily understand. At the bottom of each right page there is a Bible verse that could easily be used as a memory verse. My grown-up review is a solid A+.  

However, since I don't have any children I took the book over to a friend's house to get a kid's perspective. My friend Rachel J. has five kids ages eight(m), six(f), four(m), two(f), and one(m). Since Rachel homeschools her kids I didn't think that she would mind if I borrowed them for a little while to read this book with them. Tucker(8) whose favorite subject is reading said that his favorite part of the book was when "Jesus came back". Madeline(6) said that her favorite part of the book was the picture of "Lazarus". Tanner(4) said he loved the "Daniel and the Lions Den".  The oldest two, Tucker and Madeline loved the Bible verses in the corner because they are easy to understand. 

Overall, I give this book a solid A+ I loved it, and the kids loved it. I would recommend this book to anyone looking to build a spiritual aspect of their relationship with their child or grandchildren.

I received this book free from the publisher through the Tyndale Blogger Pro. 
I was not required to write a positive review. 
The opinions I have expressed are my own. 
I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255

If you are interested in any of the title listed above, be sure to check out my Must Read List and Bookstore at the top of the page. My Must Read List is the Forgiven Former Feminist approved reading list. All of these books have been rated A+ on Title TuesdayThe Bookstore is my personal Amazon store. This is where you can find copies of all of the books I enjoy and want to share with you.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan