Thursday, February 27, 2014

Title Tuesday: The A-Z of C.S. Lewis

Today is Thursday, but we are going to treat it like a  Title Tuesday, my favorite day of the week. This day is dedicated to book suggestions and reviews. I write this portion of my blog because I am a big believer in the motivational speaker Charlie Jones' quote which says, "You will be the same person in five years as you are today except for the people you meet and the books you read.” With that being said, let us jump in and get started.

Today I am reviewing a copy of The A-Z of C.S. Lewis by Collin Duriez. When I first received a copy of the book I was expecting it to be a biography, but it turns out that this book is actually an encyclopedia of the writings of C.S. Lewis. If you have ever been confused while reading one of Lewis' stories, you would have enjoyed this book! Duriez does an incredible job of explaining the intricate details of Lewis' writings. Duriez discusses the allegories in the worlds that Lewis creates, he explains the differences between dwarfs and Poggin. This book is meant to be used as a reference material and would be incredibly beneficial to anyone studying a Lewis book. 

Overall I highly recommend this book, I give it an A+. It would be a fantastic gift for a pastor, or your uncle that absolutely loves C.S. Lewis. The A-Z of C.S. Lewis would be an excellent addition to any library private, or professional.  

I received this book free from the Litfuse Publicity 
I was not required to write a positive review. 
The opinions I have expressed are my own. 
I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255
If you are interested in any of the title listed above, be sure to check out my Must Read List and Bookstore at the top of the page. My Must Read List is the Forgiven Former Feminist approved reading list. All of these books have been rated A+ on Title TuesdayThe Bookstore is my personal Amazon store. This is where you can find copies of all of the books I enjoy and want to share with you.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan