Monday, February 10, 2014

Title Tuesday: 101 Conversation Starters for Couples

Welcome to Title Tuesday, my favorite day of the week! This day is dedicated to book suggestions and reviews. I write this portion of my blog because I am a big believer in the motivational speaker Charlie Jones' quote which says, "You will be the same person in five years as you are today except for the people you meet and the books you read.” With that being said, let us jump in and get started.


This morning I am reviewing a copy of of 101 Conversation Starters for couples by Gary Chapman and Ramon Presson. When I first recieved this book I was confused. How in the world do I review a book like this? While I flipped through the book just trying to get a feel for it, my husband read over my shoulder and asked me question number four. "What was something you really wanted but were not allowed to own as a child?" It sounds like a simple question (all of the questions in this book are) but it was the starting point of an hour long conversation for B and me. From then on, B and I took this book with us any time that we went out to eat. We tried to cover one or two of the questions at each meal. We had so much fun! The questions were short but creative. 

All in all, I give this book a solid B+. This is a good tool to use, if you have the time to work on it. If you don't have the time (or the funds) there are other marriage resources I would recommend to use first. I would probably not use this book while courting. In my opinion it is in these little shared moments that heart strings are formed. But, I would highly recommend this book to any married couple newly read or seasoned veterans of the married life. Chapman and Presson also have 101 More Conversation Starters for Couples and 101 Conversation Starters for Families that I cannot wait to check out.  

I received this book free from the publisher through the Bethany House Publishers. 
I was not required to write a positive review. 
The opinions I have expressed are my own. 
I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255

If you are interested in any of the title listed above, be sure to check out my Must Read List andBookstore at the top of the page. My Must Read List is the Forgiven Former Feminist approved reading list. All of these books have been rated A+ on Title TuesdayThe Bookstore is my personal Amazon store. This is where you can find copies of all of the books I enjoy and want to share with you.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan