Sunday, February 9, 2014

Military Monday: The Monuments Men

Welcome to another Military Monday Upon marrying a military man I learned that there is a LOT to know about life as a military spouse. Mondays are my day to talk about the things I am learning, the new language, military news and current events. Ready? Lets jump in!

Today I want to talk about The Monuments Men. This is a brand new movie that came out over the weekend. B and I went to go see it and I have to say, it is WONDERFUL. I so enjoyed this movie. Let me tell you why. The cast is a stellar group of people including: George Clooney, Matt Damon, Cate Blanchett, Bill Murray, John Goodman, Bob Balaban, Hugh Bonneville and Jean Dujardin. But what makes this movie for me is not the cast, the music, or the costumes. It is the message behind the movie that makes me love this movie. The Monuments Men reminds people that war is real. Lives are lost in pursuit of the greater good. History is changed by the choices of men. The movie is not too terribly graphic but there is blood and death. 

People too often forget that war is messy and ugly. They turn away from the images trying not to see. But when they turn away, they forget that other people are out there right now fighting for their freedom, our freedom. The Monuments Men helps to remind us. 

So when you go out today, or tomorrow, or the next day to see a movie, 
think of the brave men and women who are fighting for your freedom to enjoy that movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan