Friday, January 24, 2014

Why Do We Train?

Welcome to another Femininity Friday! This is the day of the week when we discuss issues specific to being a woman. Topics range from health and fitness to femininity and feminism. So lets get started. 

Today we are going to talk about the why fitness is important. I write about physical fitness for women often. With the start of the new year, a lot of people have created resolutions to get fit. Don't get me wrong, training is great! But if you are only training because of an arbitrary date on a calendar, you will fail. That isn't sustainable. A date on a calendar won't motivate you to pick up the barbell again after failing the same lift three times, or motivate you to get up when you fall for the 1,000,000th time. What will motivate you is the reason you are training. 

If you have a piece of paper handy write out three reasons to train your body physically. 

In no particular order here is my list:
To be fit for the physical requirements in the place God puts meTo be physically pleasing to my husbandTo be able to rock climb, hike, and play basketballand a bonus one, to keep up with my (future) children
I wrote a while about about training to look good for your spouse. I think that is absolutely a great reason to train your body physically. You can read that post by clicking on the link. Being able to play the sports I enjoy is fun. The important part of training for me is being physically capable of doing the work that God has called me to. Elisabeth Elliot wrote, "We cannot give our hearts to God and keep our bodies to ourselves".  I think this is SO important for Christians to remember. God has given us an incredible tool in giving us our bodies, we owe it to Him to use our bodies to honor Him.

1 comment:

  1. Hello "forgiven feminist" - love your blog and your sharing your desire to live a Biblically feminine life. I'm Vera from Chat With Vera and encourage you on your walk with God. Thanks, too, for entering the giveaway on Chat With Vera.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan