Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Title Tuesday: Divine Design

Welcome to Title Tuesday, my favorite day of the week! This day is dedicated to book suggestions and reviews. I write this portion of my blog because I am a big believer in the motivational speaker Charlie Jones' quote which says, "You will be the same person in five years as you are today except for the people you meet and the books you read.” With that being said, let us jump in and get started. 

Today I am reviewing the True Woman 101 Divine Design 8 Week Bible Study by Mary Kassian and Nancy Leigh DeMoss. Both of these women have made it on my Must Read List and I was thrilled when my lady's group decided to use this study over the fall semester. The 8 week course is broken up each week in to 5 days. Each of the pages are a work of art, splashed with color. But it isn't just a pretty design, the study is well developed on its own. The topics range from Gender Matters to Battle of the Sexes to A Total Makeover. 

Divine Design was a fantastic way to open up conversations in our group. The Bible study meets at my home on Thursday mornings. Our members are all in a fairly similar place in life. We have four newly married women (a few months to three years) none of us had children at the start of the study but one of our members welcomed her first daughter (CONGRATS MEGAN!). This study was great to help us talk about serious issues, some we were aware of and others came to light as we worked through the book. 

I will admit I was nervous at first about leading a Bible study on my own or the very first time. But, the ladies at the True Woman Movement made it super easy. If you are interested in leading a course or if you want more resources you can find them here.  

All in all I rate this study an A+. It was easily understood, clear and beautifully laid out. What a bright and fun way to learn about being a woman of God! I highly recommend this study for a teens, young women, and early married groups and will absolutely be putting this book on the Forgiven Former Feminist Must Read List

I did this review on my own accord without any compensation from a publishing house.
All thoughts are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan