Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Title Tuesday: GLIPIT Bible


Welcome to Title Tuesday, my favorite day of the week! This day is dedicated to book suggestions and reviews. I write this portion of my blog because I am a big believer in the motivational speaker Charlie Jones' quote which says, "You will be the same person in five years as you are today except for the people you meet and the books you read.” With that being said, let us jump in and get started. 

Children's Bibles are always interesting to me. As a former teacher I love to see how people think that children will learn and respond to their messages. When I was offered a chance to review a new children's Bible from Tyndale House Publishers I was thrilled. I have read many wonderful books from Tyndale and was excited to get a chance to review the children's books. Upon receiving the Glipit Bible however, I was incredibly disappointed. The title of the Bible is Glipit, and it stands for God's Love is Perfect. The catchy title aside, this book was disappointing.
This Bible is an adult Bible with a children's cover over it. It is not the inside of the Bible that makes it unique to children but the packaging. The Bible comes in your standard blue, green, yellow, red version or a girly purple and pink version. The Glipit Bible comes with just over 120 little pieces, including a glow in the dark cross. These pieces lock into place fairly easily. The Bible does not provide a place to store the pieces not in use other than on the Bible itself. I can easily see moms having to hunt down the tiny pieces in the plush church pews, chairs, and carpets. 

Since it is a compact Bible, the pages are VERY thin and would tear easily if a child young enough to enjoy the cover were to use it. The packaging specifically states that it is designed for children 8 years old and above, and yet I do not see many 12 year olds wanting to carry this Bible. 

Overall, the outside is too young and the inside is too old for the targeted age range. I rate this Bible a C+. It is a Bible and God's Word is perfect, but I think there need to be some alterations (like a way to store the pieces) before it will be widely popular. 

I received this book free from the publisher through the Bethany House Publishers. 
I was not required to write a positive review. 
The opinions I have expressed are my own. 
I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan