Monday, December 9, 2013

Title Tuesday: Critical Reaction


Welcome to Title Tuesday, my favorite day of the week! This day is dedicated to book suggestions and reviews. I write this portion of my blog because I am a big believer in the motivational speaker Charlie Jones' quote which says, "You will be the same person in five years as you are today except for the people you meet and the books you read.” With that being said, let us jump in and get started. 

Suspense, science, legal drama, and a hint of romance... this book is not your average thriller. Critical Reaction by Todd M. Johnson is an exceptionally well written novel. I was dreading having to force myself through another author's apathetic attempt to make a nuclear disaster story suspenseful, but this book took me by surprise! Todd M. Johnson has practiced law for over 30 years, and his writing reflects it. Rather than a scattered story that somehow pulls together in the end, this book shows a great deal of thought and careful story weaving.


Critical Reaction is the story of a legal case filed by the hero of the story Kieran Mullaney in the fall of 2013. The book tells the story of Kieran and his college friend Emily (his attorney) as they try to get answers to questions brought about by an explosion at the nuclear facility in which Kieran worked. Emily brings along her very experienced lawyer father to assist in the case and the three work together to weave a magnificent story. 

I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in law, science, or mystery. I liked the fact that there was the hint of romance between Kieran and Emily but there were not any scenes in this book that were inappropriate. The absence of lewd or unnecessary sexual interaction between the characters allows for this book to be a GREAT option for teenage boys. Way to go Todd M. Johnson! 

You can purchase your copy of Critical Reaction here.

I received this book free from the publisher through the Bethany House Publishers.
I was not required to write a positive review.
The opinions I have expressed are my own.
I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan