Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Title Tuesday: The Chronological Life Application Study Bible


Welcome to Title Tuesday, my favorite day of the week! This day is dedicated to book suggestions and reviews. I write this portion of my blog because I am a big believer in the motivational speaker Charlie Jones' quote which says, "You will be the same person in five years as you are today except for the people you meet and the books you read.” With that being said, let us jump in and get started. 

I want to remind everyone that I keep a running list of my favorite books on my Must Read List at the top of the page. As I review books for various publishers (and for my own enjoyment!) I add the A+ books to the list, so be sure to check back regularly. Today I will be reviewing a copy of the Chronological Life Application Study Bible from Tyndale Publishing House. 

Tyndale Publishing House has really outdone itself with the Chronological Life Application Study Bible. I am completely in love with this book! I received the NKJ version from Tyndale and was a little nervous about trying to tackle this two thousand and ninety-eight paged, imposing-looking book. My mind was soon set at ease. 

I decided to use this Bible in addition to my every day Bible for my quiet time, Bible studies, and marriage development material. As soon as I opened the first of the pages the story of the Bible seems to comes to life as it pours out of this well illustrated tome. This Bible breaks up the Bible into the 10 major eras of biblical history which made understanding where each prophet fits in with scripture so much easier. There is a timeline header at the top of each page throughout the text that allows the reader to see exactly which era of the Bible you are reading. 

I greatly appreciated the use of maps and charts throughout the text. My favorite chart is on page 1484 and is titled Great Escapes in the Bible. It lists out people that made escapes in the Bible, what happened, what the escape accomplished, the application and the reference! I greatly enjoyed each of these little nuggets interspersed throughout the text. It was surprising to me how many stories in the Bible are similar, and this Bible helps to show the connecting factors.  

All in all I give the Chronological Life Application Study Bible an A+. I would recommend this book for just about everyone. I think it would be a valuable tool to add to a personal or group Bible study. It would also make an excellent gift for a teacher or pastor. You can get your copy of the Chronological Life Application Study Bible here


I received this book free from the publisher through the Bethany House Publishers. 
I was not required to write a positive review. 
The opinions I have expressed are my own. 
I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan