Monday, November 18, 2013

Title Tuesday: His Treasures

Good Morning!

I know that it is Monday and normally that is dedicated to Military Monday. However, this week I am going to switch things up and I will be posting up a review of His Treasures: Gems of Love from Your King by Sheri Rose Shepherd today and I will have Military Monday up tomorrow. The reason for this switch is because of a request by the Tyndale Publishing House that the review be put up today. So, without further adieu let's get started!

 His Treasures: Gems of Love from Your King by Sheri Rose Shepherd is probably my favorite of the books I have reviewed so far. This book is made up of 89 incredible chapters. Each of the chapters is entitled "His something" and the something is everything from strength to love, to discipline. The chapters are written in letter format form God. Each chapter begins with "My Daughter" reinforcing how valuable each and every one of His children are to Him. The letters are signed with things like, "Your father of miracles", "Your good and gracious King" and my personal favorite "Your Father who loves you". Each chapter is based on biblical teaching and has a spiritual message. I really enjoyed the way that the author pulls you in to each message with a loving reminder of God's eternal love for us.

Overall I rate this book a solid A+. I would highly recommend this book for any Christian woman. Aside from the wonderful biblical truth, the book is lovely to look at. It is filled with beautiful images that stir your heart as you read. With the holidays coming up this would be a perfect gift for a daughter, sister, friend, or Bible study leader.
Full Disclosure: 
Tyndale Momentum gave me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review. 
All opinions are my own.

This book is so good that Tyndale is offering me a chance to do my very first give away! If you would like a chance to win a copy of this awesome book please leave a comment below with a piece of advice that you have for a couple in their first year of marriage. I will let me husband B draw a number out of a hat and the number he selects will be the lucky lady to receive a free copy of this book. I will contact you privately (make sure you leave a link to your email/blog!) to send you the book.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great book! My piece of advice is to have open communication because there will be so many new things that come up, don't get mad just talk to each other!

    Thanks for sharing at our Mommy Club Resources and Solution party last week! Hope to see you there again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan