Saturday, November 9, 2013

No Bake Peanut Butter Fudge!

So the season of holiday parties is upon us! I love the atmosphere at this time of year. My community group at church hosted a wrapping party for Operation Christmas Child (you can read more about that here) and we decided to make a night of it with games, wrapping and of course food!

I offered to bring dessert because I was in the mood to do a little baking. However, when looking through my recipes I found a couple of different variations on "no bake fudge". I decided to wing it a little and make my own version. I like my fudge to be a little thicker so I add more confectioner's sugar than most. I also only do half of the vanilla that the recipes call for because I am not crazy about vanilla.


Some things I learned while making this fudge:

1.) Do NOT turn the mixer on until it is in the batter, otherwise you have quite a mess to deal with.
2.) If you microwave your peanut butter it will come out easily.
3.) You have to make sure all the foil from the fresh seal on the peanut butter jar is off before you put it in the microwave or you will have sparks. 
4.) The peanut butter jar will start to deform in the microwave, pull it out carefully.   
5.) There will be confectioner's sugar everywhere, just go with it. 


My husband was VERY understanding as I made a mess all over the kitchen. He ended up making the second batch while I cleaned out the fridge.

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did!

1 comment:

  1. I love peanut butter so this sounds amazing - I'd be in your community group. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan