Monday, October 14, 2013

Title Tuesday

I wrote recently about the fact that I would be reviewing the books I am currently reading and posting the reviews here for y'all to check out. Today is our very first review. I you want to read the back story about book reviewing you can check out my post on book reviews here

That being said, welcome to the first edition of Title Tuesday! Lets get started. 

Confessions of a Boy Crazy Girl by Paula Hendricks. 
The writer speaks to the reader as if sitting across from you at your favorite coffee shop. This book is written in a journal format, and that took me a little while to get used to. While the book is obviously intended for a preteen (our younger) audience it definitely tackles some good topics like: almost finding love, forcing love where it really isn't, and lust. The best part is   that none of the issues are discussed in a lewd or over-sharing way. She uses real Biblical references and solid faith-based teaching to show the pitfalls surrounding ungodly relationships. It is one sister in Christ telling another about her successes, failures, and lessons learned about boys, relationships, and God. 

All in all, I adored this book! I think it will make a great gift for my younger sister, cousins and girls that I mentor. I rate it a solid A+


Full Disclosure: 
Moody Publishers gave me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review. 
All opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan