Sunday, January 27, 2013

Moving Pieces

Moving is one of those things that stresses people out. I am sort of an expert on moving, I have moved nine times in the last five years. I can do it in my sleep and I  usually do it alone. I know how to handle hard times and I have spent most of my life in survival mode. So when it comes time to move, I am great at moving quickly and getting things done. 

This last move was exceptionally difficult for me. I was getting out of a bad living situation and moving into a very positive one. And that was scary. I wrote a little bit about it last week over at Susan Godfrey's blog Finding Beauty. (I contribute there every Tuesday.) You can read my post about moving here. This move was difficult because now I have people. I am not just going at it alone. For the very first time I had people come and offer to help with the move. I had time and energy to dedicate to this move. Everything should have been perfect, right? 

At every step I found myself worrying that the bottom was going to fall out. I kept looking for the trouble. It had to be coming, right? Nothing runs this smoothly. When I was discussing my fears and concerns with one of my counselors she wrote down Philippians 4:19 which says, "And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus."  And that was exactly what I needed to hear. 

God has got this. no matter how crazy my world may seem, no matter how much there is to get done, God has it. The move went perfectly and I am currently settled into my new place and loving it. God really does know exactly what we need and when, we just have to trust him. 

photo.JPG
My new writing station, set up and ready to go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan