Monday, January 14, 2013

Iron Sharpening Women


I moved to a new apartment this weekend, and what an adventure it was! I was living in a little town outside of Dallas in a two bedroom apartment with one roommate. Now I live in Dallas proper and I have two roommates in a one bedroom apartment. When people hear that the first thing they say is, “why would you do that?!?”
Let me tell you, this may be the best decision I’ve made in a long time.
I have been working for the last several years to turn my life around. I got out of feminism and into a biblical view of womanhood. I started listening got God’s calling for my life and made hard decisions to pursue His glorification rather than my own satisfaction. It has not been an easy road and I have fallen more than once. Thank goodness for God’s grace! But recently I realized that I have made my own path more difficult.
I have been continuing to hang out with (and live with) not only nonbelievers but with people who actively choose to disobey God. I tried to “work on” them but ultimately I came to realize that I cannot do the Holy Spirit’s job. I continued to interact with these people, convinced that my example would be good for them. But you know what happened? Slowly I started spending more time with them than with other Christians. I started speaking like them and even behaving like them. It was like I was reverting back to who I was before I gave my life to Christ.

Due to the recent choices of my roommate I knew I could no longer live in that environment. I called a good friend of mine and told her what was going on and guess what? She needed a roommate! (God really is awesome that way!) So we made plans for me to move in. Katie and Melinda are my new roommates and in our few hours of bonding over pizza, cookie dough, and packing tape I am already more encouraged than I have been in months. Proverbs 27:17 says, “Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.” ladies, this goes for us too. We have to be careful of what we allow to eve poured into us, and who is doing the pouring. I want to be a great tool for the use in God’s kingdom; I need to be sharpened with other women of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan